Essential Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate understanding of fiction and nonfiction text verbally and in writing.
- Read and comprehend at level O.
- Determine the meaning of grade level academic words using the context.
- Identify and define key story elements including setting, characters, and plot.
- Identify main idea of text.
- Develop connection(s) from text-to-text.
- Produce a 3 paragraph descriptive writing piece including an introductory, body and closing paragraph
- Utilize a graphic organizer to pre-plan writing.
- Write a sequenced narrative using descriptive details based on real or imaginary experience(s).