Universal Level (Tier 1):
- Real world products
- WorldAtlas Find and print maps of continents, countries, flags, learn factoids and much more.
- Smarty Pins
- Small group projects/presentations
- Build a Prezi Ideas matter! Have your students develop a prezi to organize, present and share ideas.
- ToonDoo The world's fastest way to build a cartoon. Unique way to make a different kind of presentation.
- Geography Bee
Selected Level (Tier 2):
- Project Learning
- iCivics.org Web-based education project designed to teach students civics and inspire them to be active participants in U.S. democracy. Founded by Justice Sandra Day
- National History Day
- Geography Bee School Level
- Testing out of course to receive credit
- Advanced sections of science/social studies
- Online advanced courses
Other Social Studies Links
- Distance Learning
- Geography Bee State or National Level
- Independent Studies
National Geographic 4-12 Interactive games teach all the geography standards.Scholastic K-12 Neat interactive activities that will challenge all grade levels.Central Intelligence Agency World Factbook K-12 Contains information on every country of the world.CIA Home Page for Kids K-8 Games and resources regarding the CIA.NY Times Weekly Current Events Quiz 4-12 Daily current event quizzes in a multiple choice format.Stock Market Contest 3-12 There are lots of free stock market games out there, but I like this one because the ads are tolerable, and it is easy for kids to navigate around. Does not contain research within the site though.Indianapolis Children's Museum K-8 Well done website with a variety of learning games. Organized by grade level.Election Resources
President Webquest Create a candidate from scratch and develop their stance on key issues.
http://www.readinga-z.com/theme/election08.html 1-6 Great materials for younger learners.
Scholastic K-12 On-line game called "meet the candidates" is geared more towards the younger learner. Probably the best overall site I found.Elections - 4-12 Run for the president with this interactive game for 1-2 players. I like this more for the older kids.Tour of the White House on-line virtual tour of the White House.Presidential Election K-5 Organized look at the election.http://www.lesley.edu/growingvoters/ 1-12 Lesson plans and free resources.Updated polling results The latest electoral college predictions.
Wisconsin Heritage Fair Resources
Wisconsin Hometown Stories, http://www.ecb.org/hometown_stories/index.htm
Cultural Horizons of Wisconsin, http://www.ecb.org/culture/index.htm
Investigating Wisconsin History, http://www.ecb.org/history/index.htm
Exploring Wisconsin our Home, http://www.ecb.org/exploring/index.htm
The New Dawn of Tradition: A Wisconsin Powwow, http://www.ecb.org/powwow/index.htm
Digital Wisconsin, http://www.ecb.org/digitalwisconsin/index.htm,
Wisconsin: Celebrating People, Place and Past, http://www.ecb.org/wisconsin/index.htm